Sunday, July 3, 2011

what it means to be beautiful

So, I thought I would write a blog about beauty because it's been coming up a lot lately and lets face it everyone has or is struggling with it.. Doesn't matter who are.. We have all had our moments in life when we didn't feel beautiful, & felt insecure.. It's life, & it's normal.. So, I wanna share what I think true beauty is, well hope you enjoy :)

Beauty,
think about it, What does beauty mean to you as a person?
Does it mean you have to look a certain way? Dress a certain way?
Act a certain way? The list could go on & on.. For me as a person I have never really understood the true definition of beautiful. For the longest time I thought it was about outward appearances, and what the fashion trend was, and how your makeup was done. well a couple years ago my eyes were open to how God sees beauty, and the true definition. It's not about the outward, it's about your heart, when you're seeking after Jesus, & are loving towards others, your true beauty shines through, when you have inner beauty, your outward beauty is magnified, or at least I think that. you could be such a beautiful girl but if you have a bad attitude or you are rude, then to me you're not beautiful. you're just a pretty face, which one day it will be gone. Inner beauty is what God is looking for... I think 1 Peter 3:3-4 says it well,

"3 Do not let your adornment be merely outward—arranging the hair, wearing gold, or putting on fine apparel— 4rather let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God."

Amazing huh?? It's so true... all tho this world puts soooo much pressure on us girls to look a certain way, or dress a certain way in order to be "BEAUTIFUL" in their eyes... When in reality, we will never be able to reach the expectations that the world has brought upon us. Either we are too skinny, too fat, we don't dress a certain way... I'm sorry no one looks like the girls on the magazine, and most of the girls on the magazine don't even look like that. It's a thing called photo shop. So don't fret over trying to look like them, you are beautiful just the way you are. God says so. I wanna share a verse I am always encouraged by, for when I feel insecure it's Proverbs 31:30

"30 Charm is deceitful and beauty is passing,
But a woman who fears the LORD, she shall be praised."

this verse basically gives me goose bumps every time I read it, its amazing... Loving & fearing God makes you beautiful woman... God has formed & made each & everyone of us uniquely different.. He made you & I the way He wanted us to look.. It was His perfect will.. & to Him you are the most beautiful person, & you don't need the world or anyone to tell you that!! God already has by making you the way you are.. I love how Bethany Dillion's song "beautiful" tells of how God makes us beautiful..

"You make me beautiful
You make me stand in awe
You step inside my heart, and I am amazed
I love to hear You say
Who I am is quite enough
You make me worthy of love and beautiful"

It leaves me speechless.. I love to listen to it while getting ready, cause if my makeup or hair, or outfit isn't turning out the way i planned it to be, and before I can start getting frustrated I am reminded that I am beautiful by just being content in the way God made me.

No comments: